Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Sublease extension

Posted by consigliere on February 21, 2002 at 12:43:01:

In Reply to: Sub lease posted by Seeking on February 21, 2002 at 11:34:23:

If you agreed to the three-month extension by e-mail, you should be entitled to stay -- by yourself -- until the end of March.

A 30-day or one-month notice doesn't apply because your sublease, as extended, would end on March 31st.

If this is a rent regulated apartment in New York, there could be a question about whether the landlord consented to the original sublet and/or the extension.

I would change the locks and tell the tenant that you will move out by March 31st, as they agreed in the e-mails about the extension, and that they will have to find somewhere else to live until you move out.

:
: I have been subletting. In Jan. the original agreement ended. The tenant E mailed me asking if I would like to stay another 3 months...which I said yes.
: Yesterday, they E mailed that they are returning this weekend and would...A. like the apt. back by March 1 or no later than the 15. B. Would like to share the space during that time.
: My occupancy started on the 1st of Aug. My 3 month exstension would have been over on April 1...am I not entitled to a 30 day notice.
: Also, I do not want to share.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name