Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Not a Coop - Condo issue

Posted by MikeW on February 19, 2002 at 11:42:20:

In Reply to: Re: Buying Co-op and having a dog....no dogs posted by mary on February 15, 2002 at 20:53:45:

Condos can have house rules also, including banning pets. They can fine you for violating the rules. I don't know if they can evict you. The short answer is that you can't flount the rules in any multiunit building without consequence. The same can be said about single family detached housing where there is a homeowners association.

: I hate too tell you this, but you can be severely fined for violating the co-op rules, and be evicted by the co-op board because you do not own your co-op, You own shares in a company which owns the building. You give up YOUR rights in exchange for saving 20 to 40% of the price over a condo. Is it worth it? To some it is.

:

:
: : We decided to buy a co-op apartment in Brooklyn, but it looks like no co-op allow dogs. We have a medium breed dog and I do not want to sneak him out, I want him legally live with us. Do you know is there any way we can convince board to approve us even with the dog????

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name