Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Lanlord Entered Without My Permission

Posted by Crystal on February 18, 2002 at 02:26:10:

I was at home with the computer playing music - yes it may have been too loud(not the point!) I was taking a shower and heard someone banging on the door - next thing I know there is someone in my appartment screaming and yelling about my music. I am scared to death - next thing I know he is in the bathroom yelling - I look out and it is my landlord - he continues to yell at me cussing and all - I politely asked him to leave - needless to say I am scared to death because all that seperated us was a shower curtain! After he left the bathroom and I finished - When I came out he was still there and had turned the power off to the powerstrip for my PC and unplugged the power strip to my tv. What can I do? I know his actions were unlawful - but can I sue or what? He really did scare me and I don't know how much of my other personal property he touched and I don't know if he saw me naked when I looked out from behind the shower curtain. I live in Iowa and I know he code here says LL must provide 24 hours notice unless it is an emergency - I don't think my music was an emergency.

crystal

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name