Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

update on Another DUMBO Loft Eviction

Posted by Jane on February 12, 2002 at 18:04:18:

update:

we received the official letter from the landlord's lawyer stating we have 15 days to fix the clearance around the sprinkler heads and to stop living in the loft. after that we will have 5 days to vacate the unit if we do not "cure". nowhere is it written that we can live there and we are responsible for ensuring things are up to code.
the howevers: we have passed fire inspections fine for 2.5 years with no mention of the clearance around the sprinkler heads [which are too close as a result of a drop ceiling that has been in place long before we moved in-but we got the space "as is"]. also-there are 4 units that are being used residentially in the building, none of whom have been kicked out. what are the motivations of the landlord to kick us out now, and only us? as new units in the building become available he has been renting them as residential.
what do i need to look for to get the official documents of the inspection results--what nyc agency is responsible for commercial fire inspections? do i contact them, my landlord, or his lawyer for these specifics?

reminder: 2.5 yrs into 5 year commercial lease. 4/14 units in building used for residential with complete permission and knowledge of landlord. building sold last 2 months ago to relative of previous owner.

{John F: DUMBO is a neighborhood in broolyn]

THANKS!!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name