Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Another DUMBO Loft Eviction

Posted by John F. on February 12, 2002 at 17:48:17:

In Reply to: Re: Another DUMBO Loft Eviction posted by yippee1999 on February 12, 2002 at 15:49:10:

A summons is a call to attend court, it is not a bill to pay. I think the fire dept. would only go this far if there have been previous offences that have been ignored, but you say it passed fire inspections repeatedly, so that sounds fishy. Also I don't think the fire dept. by itself can give out fines, they can only pass the information on to government enforcement agencies. Can you find the fire regulations to check for yourself, maybe online?

It sounds phony, I'd bet that the new owners have other plans and they want the residential tenants out, so are making up a story that is so awkward that the residential will want to leave quickly. I'd pay the Feb. rent and then stay there, and just write back that you can't take action without documentation to verify the statements made by the LL. If you don't pay the rent you are giving the LL a valid reason to do what he wants to do, and that is evict the tenant.

What's a dumbo loft?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name