Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

I want my roommate out but shes on lease

Posted by John on February 08, 2002 at 01:53:14:

When I initially moved into my apt. both me and my roommate signed a 2 year lease with the LL. At first I was going to be the only lease signer, but I offered to let her sign it(which I regret now). Well it's been 6 months now and I'm realizing that I can't tolerate living with her any longer...the complaints are too much.

So what do I do? Can I do anything to get her to leave? I realize I can't do anything legally to make her leave because she's on the lease. This is not the LL's prob either so I can't ask him to do anything nor do I want to. All I have going as arguements is that I found the apartment and I asked her to be my roommate to say that I have the authority here. Also, shes on the brink of dropping out of school and when and if she does, I'm really going to want her out of here because she's in the apartment enough as it is.

We are not at all compatible. If it were easy for me to move out I would, but I'm from out of state and in the middle of school and I don't intend to go thru hell looking for another apartment. I'm done talking things out, i just wanna find a new and better roommate. Any suggestions?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name