Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index


Posted by Lilly on February 07, 2002 at 22:35:52:

In Reply to: OVERCHARGED posted by Elise on February 07, 2002 at 16:28:53:

Did you read the Roomate Horror Story? Be prepared to prove your case with cancelled checks. Receipts can be faked. As far as getting any money back, that you will have to persue in civil court. As far as causing the tenant problems, if her LL cares at all, is to file a rent overcharge complaint with DHCR. Your furniture or the amount of space you occupied is at this time irrelevant. I know that DHCR recently ruled against a roommate, in a case where a roommate filed an overcharge complaint against the LL. DHCR ruled that the roommate had no standing to file such a complaint against the LL bc there was no Landlord Tenant relationship. Sue her in civil court.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name