Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Riverbank West Gym Scam

Posted by Laura Van Orden on February 06, 2002 at 16:36:53:

I recently became a Manhattanite and rented an Apartment in Riverbank West. When my husband and I toured the facility we saw the Crunch gym and were told it was an amenity included in our rent. This was one of the main reasons we chose the property. Now that we have moved in, the story has changed, originally we were told the memberships are Passport (you can use other Crunch gyms), when we inquired about them we were told it was a basic memebership, I let this go. However now we are being told that only one membership is included with our apartment. I feel that it was very clear to the property manager when we saw the building that both of us were interested in the gym, while she stands by the fact that she never said 2 memberships, she also neglected to say only one! It is also in an addendum to our lease that reads "One year's free membership to crunch" not "one free year's member ship to crunch". This addendum was a page we both signed.

Is there anything I can do about this? Obviously I can't move out until my lease is up, and they are standing by the one membership rule that they never felt to share with us!! However I feel that the gym situation was clearly misrepresented and very much on purpose. In my conversation with the property manager she mentioned that other tenents were also upset about the situation, we brings me back to: why wouldn't you mention it in the first place!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Laura Van Orden

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name