Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: renting with option to buy

Posted by please on February 06, 2002 at 13:08:47:

In Reply to: renting with option to buy posted by liz on February 06, 2002 at 12:36:31:

Unfortunately you are responsible since you signed a contract as is.

This is a typical scam in which the landlord, tries to dump all the responsibilty on a tenant by coming up with a creative way of rent to own.

I wish I could help, but i warn everyone NEVER rent to own, since the landlord will find all sorts of ways to hold 4 aces, such as one missed rent payment becuase of the need to spend money on the furnace will subject you to evcition, and you could lose any and all moneys that were to be applied to the purchase, its probably in the agreement.

Best bet is read your agreement, then proabably move, since the agreement would be voided if you dont pay the rent and are evcited, and you would not owe anymore rent.

Just a thought, its risky, but you will wind up paying tons more for the trailer then its worth, and you still have 2 more years to go.

;
: we are renting a trailer in upstate ny. with the option to buy. the contract says as is. but we still have almost two years to finish paying on it. now the furnace went today. and i have a baby in the house. we called the landlord and he said it was our responsablity. cause we are buying. is this right? we haven't finished paying it off yet. so technically we don't own it. can someone please help answer my question. thank you

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name