Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: LL is threatening eviction after partner moved in

Posted by Cranky Tenant on February 05, 2002 at 16:06:37:

In Reply to: Re: LL is threatening eviction after partner moved in posted by consigliere on February 05, 2002 at 13:30:07:

Agreed. The only time the LL has much say in this is if you want your partner added to the lease in which case he or she could be entitled to succession rights.

: The previous answers are wrong.

: You have the right to have a roommate anywhere in New York state, whether the apartment is rent regulated or not -- Real Property Law §235-f.

: You don't need to prove that your roommate is your life partner, unless you're planning to bring in a roommate in addition to your life partner.
:  

: :
: : After my life partner moved in with me (nyc), the LL claimed I am breaking my lease--which specifies only me as the tenant--and is now threatening to sue and evict me. Does a tenant have any right to have his/her partner live with him/her? What is the harshest course of action the LL can take under this circumstance? My lease expires May 30th. What would be my best defence?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name