Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Rent Increasing

Posted by dave on February 05, 2002 at 13:16:45:

In Reply to: Rent Increasing posted by Cassy on February 05, 2002 at 10:09:54:

Everyone always forget to say where they live

But generally a landlord CANNOT change the lease terms...PERIOD!

So the landlord is not entitled to anything more then what is agreed upon in the lease for the next 2 years......

Is there anything in the lease regarding vistors? If not the landlord cant do anything about this. same about late fees what is in the lease is what the judge will look at.

Has the landlord seen your boyfriend move in clothes, furniture, applainces or leaves his car in the driveway or lot during the week? OR has any mail delivered to your apartment? Then the landlord could consider him a tenant and then you would be breaking your lease.

;
: i have been a tenant at this building for over 10 years I signed a new lease last June for 2 years. I have a boyfriend who comes over on the weekend and spends the night fridays& Saturdays my landlord is asking that i pay $100 more a month because he stays over on the weekend but will not add him to the lease or provide a new lease with the new rent amount. Since I declined giving her the additional amount she has told me she wants me out. Can she do this?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name