Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

lease renewal question

Posted by renewing in nyc on February 05, 2002 at 10:13:01:

I receive a preferential rent and I am a tenant in a rent stabilized apartment in NYC. I have received my renewal lease form but the second tenant named on the lease moved out in July 2000 (and has not set foot in the apartment since early August 2000) and I would like to have her name removed from the lease. What are the procedures to have her name removed from the lease, and is there any way that my preferential rent could be affected as a result of her name being removed (we were both signees of the lease at th time the preferential rent was set several years ago)? (Also, it is unlikely that my former roommate will be willing to sign anything if a signature is necessary to have her name removed although she also has no desire to sign the lease--i.e. we are not on speaking terms). My landlord will not accept the signed renewal without the signatures of all tenants named on the renewal lease form and thus it is necessary to have the second tenant's name removed from the lease before he will accept it. Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name