Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: DISABLED TENANT'S RIGHTS

Posted by me again on February 04, 2002 at 17:07:50:

In Reply to: DISABLED TENANT'S RIGHTS posted by Shelley on February 04, 2002 at 16:13:52:

: 58% Re: Monthly Rent Increase Prevention
: Summary: should be regulated -- if your building has 6 or more units and. 3.An owner cannot evict a disabled tenant from rent stabilized apartments outside NYC. for rent stabilized apartments outside NYC and rent controlled apartments statewide,. Maybe you : should be regulated -- if your building has 6 or more units and : built before 1974 and not a coop. : 3.An owner cannot evict a disabled tenant from...
: Is it true that if you are disabled you cannot be evicted? I heard that there was a recent supreme court ruling that now does not allow the Americans With Disabilities Act to apply to housing issues any longer. What is the story? My landlord forced me into a stipulation as an option to going to trial in an eviction proceeding as a nuisance (all fabricated). Then after I signed the stip he brought false witnesses to court to say that I violated it. I am scheduled for a disability hearing in late March. If I get the OK and am put on SSD can I be evicted? Please advise..very stressed about all this.

i wouldn't count on it. i would concentrate on the issues of why your landlord seems to have it 'in' for you, if what you say is true.
i wouldn't count on disability determination as what's going to save your apartment.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name