Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Well many things come to mind?

Posted by John on February 04, 2002 at 11:21:02:

In Reply to: What happens now? posted by Laurent on February 03, 2002 at 15:11:24:

Depending on how long you've lived there? Your relationship with your landlord and the condition of the apartment, will influence the way your depature will be handled. If everything is in your favor, then use the deposit as your last months rent and move out. Nothing should follow.

If your in bad terms with your landlord, then he/she may not do you any favors and demand certain things from you, for example: You must return the apartment in good repair and complete your lease by offering another tenant to take over your apartment. By putting an ad in the paper to find another tenant and continue to make rental payments until a new tenant could be found.

Any number of things can be requested (but not granted unless you agree) by the landlord to avoid penaties for braking your lease.

Good luck.

: I am moving out of my NYC studio apt. and moving out of state. I am breaking my lease and I gave the landlord a 30 day notice. My question is do I tell the landlord to use the security deposit to pay the last month or do I not pay the last month and am entitled to my deposit back?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name