Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Can they do that?

Posted by Frazzled on February 02, 2002 at 10:03:56:

My landlord posted a written warning on our door regarding a situation with a pet. The situation was completely false and a finger was pointed at me as a violation of my lease. However, when I tried to explain the truth of the matter, since they had not investigated themselves to see if the situation actually occurred, they would not hear me and told me to mind my own business and not let it happen again and to stop complaining about insignificant things. I recently received a letter from management that outlined the "behavior" of my trying to find out what was going on as being unprofessional and unacceptable and was threatened with police action if it ever happened again! Can they do this? For my own privacy, I would like a possible link to investigate the matter myself, or a private email reply...I would like to speak with someone who knows tenant's rights and speak with them by email regarding this situation. Thank you so much, Frazzled.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name