Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Real Answer: Get a lawyer...

Posted by MikeW on January 28, 2002 at 15:08:29:

In Reply to: Re: Rent Increases posted by pisser on January 27, 2002 at 13:40:34:

You may very well have a valid overcharge complaint. Once the LL sees you know about it, and are willing to put up a fight (as evidenced by his getting a letter from your lawyer) he may not put up much of a fight.

: ya....your getting overcharged. Sue for treble damages. Of course the entire process will really suck and you might even become afraid that you are being followed and watched. But you could just start asking questions about the increase and suggest they lower the rent voluntarily. I would, if I was a landlord....which I am. Of course I might just have you killed as well....because that's what we do, it's in our "How to be a Landlord in NYC" handbook, chapter three, "Dispensing of Proplems". It's the longest chapter in the book.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name