Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

is something burning?

Posted by Chris G on January 27, 2002 at 23:10:40:

In Reply to: Are clauses requiring the tenants to get liability insurance legal? posted by Ellen Hodgson on January 27, 2002 at 13:38:51:

i don't know PA laws specifically, but if you sign that lease you will be agreeing to all the terms therein. so don't do it! if i didn't know better, i'd say the landlady is planning on burning down the building and collecting the insurance (i don't want to cast aspersions, but is the sum total of all your belongings really worth $500,000? or the landlady's for that matter). renter's insurance is a very good idea, but this sounds fishy, even if it does appear to take the tenant's stuff into consideration.

unfortunately, if you don't comply and sign the lease, she will probably give your 30 days' notice to move out, but if you don't have the money to commit to her weird plan, there's not much else to do. if she's not a total jerk, though, she'll take out that clause and let you keep living there.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name