Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

You folks are good and fast!!!!!!

Posted by nyhawk on January 23, 2002 at 23:45:42:

In Reply to: anyone know of NYC Administrative Code Section 27-2076(c)? posted by nyhawk on January 23, 2002 at 18:19:01:

I thought the landlords were doing something sleazy by asking for SSN's in connection with renewing rent stabilized leases. Anybody give up there SSN only to find out their landlord used that information to run a credit check ????.....that sounds like the best test case-scenario to sue that landlord for megabucks to put an end to this nonsense. Please let me know if anybody knows anybody who fits that scenario and would be willing to be a plaintiff in a federal lawsuit against their landlord to challenge their landlord's illegally obtaining their SSN under the guise that the landlord had the authority to seek the tenant's SSN under the authority of the Administrative Code, when, in fact, the Administrative Code provides no such authority.
(To the person who sent me an e-mail with the administrative code: thank you ,,,,,,,please identify yourself so I can thank you personally (by e-mail anyways), send another e-mail thanks

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name