Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Waste water in bedroomm

Posted by Anonymous on January 18, 2002 at 01:10:07:

In Reply to: Waste water in bedroomm posted by Ehren on January 17, 2002 at 13:59:02:

Department of Health & Human Services. I am certain these conditions constitute a health ahzzard. Check it out!

: I am looking for help with this problem:
: I live in a two dwelling building, occupying the bottom unit Basement and first floor). Aside from having the circuit breakers, and gas meters for both dwelling located in the master bedroom, the water main is located under the floor of the master bedroom (in the basement). Within the past couple of years the sewer has back up twice and flooded the bedroom. Recently, although not flooding the room, the area under the floor has filled with waste water, trash, a batter, dead bird, and green stuff. The smell is terrible. The landlord is supposed to come and deal with it but it has already been four days. My question: First, what do I need to make sure the landlord does? and second, is this situation (water main/sewer runoff in bedroom) at all usual?
: Any advice or groups to contact will be greatly appreciated.
: Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name