Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: NYCHA is hard headed about giving out HEAT !!!!!!

Posted by Sherry C. on January 12, 2002 at 23:21:53:

In Reply to: Re: NYCHA is hard headed about giving out HEAT !!!!!! posted by Lilly on January 08, 2002 at 03:52:36:

: You must call HDP heat line. See the front page here at tenant-net scroll down till you see the TENANT TICKER and click on HEATING REQUIREMENTS. You and all of your neighbors must call constantly-flood them with calls every day and every night you are without heat or hot wter. Keep calling. They will come.

In the meantime, until you all get your heat back on (make those complaints every day!!!) try turning the oven on to heat your house (so the house can be warm after a shower or bath). It is not a permanent solution, but only temporary until you get heat. But never leave the oven on while you are asleep. I hope that this will help you in the meantime, I know how it is to be without heat too. I also hope you all get this situation corrected, because no one should have to live like that (without heat).

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name