Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Problems with Upstairs Neighbors

Posted by Sherry C. on January 12, 2002 at 22:58:55:

In Reply to: Re: Problems with Upstairs Neighbors posted by yippee1999 on January 10, 2002 at 15:32:06:

:
: As you mentioned, you and your neighbor have the same landlord. It would therefore seem to me that, since your landlord is aware of the noise problem, that he in effect is responsible. I believe that the law states that a landlord must ensure a certain "quality of life" for your apartment, and that this includes an acceptable noise level. I'm not sure where you'd find the details, but try lookign into this "quality of life" thing, and then perhaps you can threaten to report your landlord for apparent violation, for not keeping his other tenant in line...

: Of course reporting the tenants to the police IS another option, but then you need to consider the possible ramifications by your neighbors...

There is only but so much that the landlord can do about your noisy neighbor. The landlord does not get the violation, the person who is being reported (your noisy neighbor) will get the fine.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name