Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: I'M PAYING FOR MY LL'S ELECTRIC!!!

Posted by ChrisG on January 11, 2002 at 16:40:49:

In Reply to: I'M PAYING FOR MY LL'S ELECTRIC!!! posted by Jane Renter on January 11, 2002 at 10:52:49:

i had a similar problem: we were paying for the entire house's gas because the LL didn't understand the concept of having separate lines (she is new to this landlording biz). we told her about it and called tha gas company but neither party seemed to buy our story. in fact, it only got straightened out because we thought we had a gas leak and called the emergency line to get somebody to come out and take a look. while he was there he noticed that there were only two gas meters instead of the seven that ought ot be there. luckilly our LL was there and after the gas guy explained it to her 10 times she finally understood the concept and took over ownership of the gas bill.

so the important thing for you is to get some confirmation of this. bug the ConEd people about doing an investigation and they will send somebody out to confirm your story. then the LL will have to get his act together. the important thing is diligence cuz both your LL and ConEd find it easier to let you pay for everything than who is right or wrong.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name