Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Sleepless in NYC

Posted by Cranky Tenant on January 10, 2002 at 23:14:18:

In Reply to: Re: Sleepless in NYC posted by Riley on January 10, 2002 at 16:18:23:

Unfortunately that's just how a lot of New York City apartment buildings are constructed. My neighbor has complained on more than one occasion that my computer is too loud. I can tell when he gets up in the morning or when the people above me come home each night. Hell, I can even tell whether the woman below me has ber bedroom light on or off. Putting rugs on the wall is one solution. Playing your own music is another.

: Hi. Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, the wall is between me and my neighbor (and no one else in the building). I’m in an apartment building and the neighbor is another tenant in the building. No one else is able to hear the noises (which are normal-level stereo/TV sounds but are still very disturbing). I have spoken with my neighbor, but he says yes he’s sensitive to the noise and then I’ll hear him singing along to Abba at 9 a.m., or he’ll leave his TV or stereo on all night. I’m getting earache because I have to sleep with earplugs every night. I just feel I have to pat a huge rent for an apartment that is deeply flawed, but there’s nothing at all I can do about it. Can I report my landlord to local authorities? It feels as though that’s my last resort.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name