Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Sleepless in NYC

Posted by yippee1999 on January 10, 2002 at 15:27:50:

In Reply to: Sleepless in NYC posted by Riley on January 10, 2002 at 14:53:39:

Boy, that's a toughie... my first question would be... are you in an apartment building, or is it like a brownstone, where the brownstone next to you shares one of your walls? If you're in an apartment building, I can't imagine them doing "special" construction to make just your apartment soundproof. If you're in a brownstone, there's the issue of "who" is responsible for the wall, your landlord or the landlord of the building next to you...

But fixing the wall aside, I believe there is some kind of a law regarding "quality of life", and that your neighbor is in apparent violation of this law. Have you tried speaking directly to him? Or are you saying that your neighbor is only playing his TV/stereo at a normal volume, and that the walls are so thin that the volume doesn't matter? If you live in an apartment building, have you discussed this issue with your other neighbors? Surely they must have the same problem. Maybe you can all band together to get something done....

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name