Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

landlords cutting off essential services

Posted by nancy on January 10, 2002 at 10:39:40:

my brother is having severe problems with his landlord, she has come to his home everyday to check to see how much fuel is in the tank, her husband has made the statement if my pipes freeze or anything happens because of the fuel i will come after you. they have called seven times in one day because my brother has recently applied for unemployment and help through social services because of loss of income and is not able to pay the rent for this month until he receives an income. my brother has tried to tell them that he is trying to get the money together but they will not listen. he has had to call the police on the landlords and is told that there is nothing that he can do. The landlord has called the fuel dealer and told them not to deliver anymore fuel to the house because it is her house, my brother was refused service through the dealer and he is paying the fuel costs.
my brother lives in hampton, ny and is not rent stabilized,he does not have a lease and he lives in a whole house. he is a month to month tenant.
the landlord has told him to get out and everything. what can he do to stop the harassment as well as the landlord from coming on the property everyday and the telephone calls continuously? Not to mention what does he do when he runs out of fuel?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name