Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Problems with Upstairs Neighbors

Posted by Aimee on January 10, 2002 at 09:22:42:

I am having a major problem with my upstairs neighbors. I wake very early in the morning and they don't start partying until around midnight. I have been woken up in the middle of night by thier noise, loud music, wrestling that they do, dancing and punding on the floors, and jumping up and down the stairs which are right next to my living room. I have asked them repeatedly to stop the noise after 9pm, I have asked my landlord seven times in the past year and half to take of this, I have made noise in retaliation, I have ignored it, I have played my music on high at six in the morning. They will not stop with all the not necessary noise in the middle of the night and this morning they stomped so hard on their floor (my ceiling) that they blew one of my light bulbs. If the landlord just keeps sending warnings and nothing ever changes, what are my options? The police? I will not move out of this apartment. I can't afford anything else and I have a 3 year old they keep waking up too. Please help me.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name