Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

what next?

Posted by Roger on January 06, 2002 at 10:38:56:

In June, the court decided in my favor on an unlawful eviction case (the summary is listed in TenantNet under Chester Mamaroneck Gardens v. Riggsbee, July 2001 decisions.) The lawyer I have been using and who seems reasonably competent has been dragging his heels since the onset of this case. I have had to confront him numerous times about keeping me informed and I honestly believe if I had not pursued this matter, I would still be waiting for a decision. Since the decision, I figured he would be a little more motivated because he would have the potential to possibly earn a lot of money but I was wrong. It has been six months, and although he has said he has been working on it, he has not shown me anything to suggest that.
My question is this; what do I do next? I am seeking to get my apartment back at the rent control status (yes, it was rent controlled), and damages. I spoke with him recently and he gave me the usual rhetoric but I still do not believe he is enthused about the case. Should I continue to work with him or should I look for a new attorney? Also, what are my chances of getting what I am seeking? By the way, there are no financial problems between us. Everything to this point has been paid in full.
A thank you and an appreciation goes out to anyone who can help me with my dilemma.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name