Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Heat and Hot Water, Just no Gas...

Posted by Cranky Tenant on January 05, 2002 at 19:51:59:

In Reply to: Heat and Hot Water, Just no Gas... posted by Marlena on January 04, 2002 at 23:29:39:

We had a similar situation last summer in the building where I live except that the gas lines also supply the boiler.So, we were without hot water for several days until they re-routed the gas line. It took three months before the new gas lines were installed and ConEd approved them. I got my LL to agree to a 1/3 reduction for the decreased services. He also provided us with double hot plates.

: Since Christmas Eve, the gas has been completely shut off in my NYC building due to a leak in the basement. Turns out the problem is severe and requires new pipes throughout the entire building. While we have heat and hot water, the tenants cannot use our ranges. It's been over a week now, and we're not back in service.

: While I'm glad it's just a stove thing, it's pretty inconvenient (and expensive) to eat takeout every night. I've done several searches on this site and cannot find info on my rights in regard to this specific type of problem.

: Can anyone help?

: Marlena

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name