Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Why Are Humans So Stubborn? Americans Always Want To Do the Opposite of Whatever One Wants

Posted by Barry on January 05, 2002 at 16:44:14:

In Reply to: Why Are Humans So Stubborn? Americans Always Want To Do the Opposite of Whatever One Wants posted by Barry on January 04, 2002 at 17:19:16:

In NYC, for example, if you really, really want to be left alone, that's when everyone stares at you and is in your face.

If you are in a lonely or insecure mood, on the other hand, that's when everyone ignores you. It's so weird, it's like you're completely invisible.

Yet most of the time, I'm quite a private person, and I just get stared at all the time in NYC (not in any other city). Are New Yorkers perverse and contrary, or what?!!

: : He has no basis for charging a "penalty" whether you pay the January rent or not. The important thing is that you should be able to prove the new lease begins when you leave. Assuming that is the case, you should be in a strong position.
: : I would lean slightly in favor of paying January rent and suing for the security deposit.

: : : I am breaking my lease 6 months early. My landlord has already rented the my apartment to a new tenant -- the new lease will begin on my termination date (no gap in the rental of the apartment). Despite having re-rented the apartment, my landloard wants me to pay one month's rent penalty. I still have not paid January's rent (leavinging on the 28th of January). I am planning on saying take my security deposit (1 months rent) as January's rent and I refuse to pay the penalty. Thoughts?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name