Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Must help LL by documenting offenses.

Posted by John on January 02, 2002 at 14:13:14:

In Reply to: noisy neighbors! Help! posted by jane delp on January 01, 2002 at 10:33:43:

In this situation you have to help your landlord.

Your landlord has the power to evict these tenants, but without documentation (police reports, letters of complaint, etc) he doesn’t have a leg to stand on. So call the police as often as it takes, and update the landlord when necessary, but be careful those tactics can be used against you in the future.

: I live in a suburb of Binghamton,N,Y.A house with top & bottom apts.I am on top. I have a rental agreement& been here for 6 years. Previous tennants moved out(bought house)Landlord rented to 3 young girls (20'S).There is constant laughing, giggling, screaming and slamming doors usually at night 11-12PM.I have been awoken many nights and so has my daughter.I have called police 6 times and the landlord 5 times. The responses was that he would take care of it. After about the 3rd call he said he would evict.The last call, the landlord stated, and I quote,"Get off my A_ _ about it!" I haven't the money to move or for a lawyer. Any suggestions? I have never delt with this before.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name