Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Leaving A Rent Stabilized Apartment Early

Posted by consigliere on December 30, 2001 at 11:22:03:

In Reply to: Re: Rent Stabilized Apartment posted by Will on December 30, 2001 at 00:45:41:

You can terminate year lease early if your landlord unreasonably refuses a request to assign your lease -- not a request to sublet your apartment.
: First ask the landlord and get in writting the agreement to terminate the lease with you not owing the remainder..if that does not fly then try the sublease for a person you know to have good credit history...if the landlord refuses the sublease which in this case of good renter is consider "unreasonable" then you have a right to break your lease not owing the remaining months...

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name