Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: noisy neighbors

Posted by Katya on December 29, 2001 at 10:43:21:

In Reply to: Re: noisy neighbors posted by DiscoStu on December 07, 2001 at 21:30:01:

DiscoStu, that is total and 100% bull. When you are renting an apartment, it doesn't matter where it is, you have certain rights as a tenant. You have the right to peace and quiet and to live comfortably in your apartment without being disturbed or harassed by inconsiderate neighbors. It's the law, and it's in every lease.

If your neighbors don't abide by that law, you ask them politely to quiet down, or to stop whatever unreasonable and disruptive behavior they're exhibiting. If that doesn't work, you can call the police, and you can ask your landlord to do something about it. If those actions are not effective, you can hire an attorney, who will write a letter to the landlord and to the tenant, I believe. There are different kinds of legal action you can take.

But don't have to MOVE because of badly behaved neighbors.

: You gotta be kidding me Kaybear. Look people I'm not trying to be mean and I'm not Richard or Don or whoever, but this is this women’s third post. First she was complaining about a Chinese restaurant and the smell, then your neighbors kids were to loud. Look if you don't like your situation then move. You obviously don't understand city life. You can not have everything YOUR way. Move to a private house in Long Island or whatever. It's probably cheaper, so don't say you can't afford it. Again I know this board is meant to help people, but come on.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name