Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Where can I get tenant/landlord handbook written by NY State/City?

Posted by TenantNet on December 28, 2001 at 16:27:41:

In Reply to: Where can I get tenant/landlord handbook written by NY State/City? posted by yippee1999 on December 28, 2001 at 13:53:00:

Your query prompted a troll which we got rid of. For tenant laws, look on this web site - go to the main page. It's all here. NYC itself does not publish a "handbook" but others do which are considered authoritative. Depending on which issue you're looking at, chances are it's more likely covered by state law.

: I recently moved to NYC and am currently renting. I like to know what the laws are regarding everything from heating to bug infestation. I know that people here can tell me what the general law is, but I like to see things in WRITING, written at the State or City government level. I feel I have more power this way. I don't want to have to go out and buy a book on NY Landlord/Tenant law, with paragraph after paragraph on different issues. I just want concise information that quotes Rules, and Articles, and Sections.... real official stuff.

: Does anyone know what department in NYC I would call to get such a book? I've already called a number of NYC departments, and am either given another number to call, or am stuck in a useless phone tree that eventually disconnects me, due to the fact that a live person is not available!!! ARRRGGHHH!

: Thanks!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name