Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: To Disco Stu & Renters insurance.......Clarification

Posted by yoda on December 25, 2001 at 19:02:34:

In Reply to: Re: To Disco Stu & Renters insurance....... posted by DiscoStu on December 25, 2001 at 16:53:12:

Stu:

What i am saying is your policy probably has limits as to the amount in each catagory

Such as maybe $2500 for computer stuff, but what if you own 2 or 3 computers,laser printer, color printer, scanner, etc and it totals more then the $2500?.....

What if you are a budding musician, and have the need for all of this stuff keyboards, amps, speakers etc, and there is a limit of $1000 on musical equipment?

What if you have a very LARGE cd or record collection and the max limit is $1000?

Yet what if you spent you whole life savings on Ethan Allan furniture, how would the insurance company look at it?

1000 cd's burn just like furniture, but will the insurance company replace $10,000 worth of cd's the same as $10,000 worth of furniture?

Just a very important question to ask before you buy insurance.

:
:
: Well, I'm not sure exactly what you’re saying, but I think I understand. Basically I just had to make a list of my belongings and if possible have receipts. I took pictures of everything to document as well. I only have 25k coverage because, I doubt I even have close to 7k worth of stuff here. I do have a premium plan, were if my 5-year-old computer is destroyed in a fire or whatever they will give me the money for a brand new computer. Truth be told I got it or my dad would have kept kevithing me. As far as that lifestyle thing. How would an insurance company know your lifestyle? Whatever, the point is Renters insurance is a smart thing to have.

:
: "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size do you? And where is you should not. For why am I is the Force. And a powerful ploy it is. Life creates it, makes it grow, its energy surrounds us and binds us, luminous beams don't mean, not this crude matter. You must feel the force around you. Here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes even between the land and the ship."

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name