Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Rent Stabilized Apartment

Posted by Inquiry on December 23, 2001 at 13:25:34:


I live in a rent stabilized apartment, and I plan to move out by the first of Feb or March thereby breaking my lease. I was thinking of going to the landlord and asking him what the best course of action is, breaking my lease and hopefully not losing my deposit (I am giving him 2 months notice and my rent is $1950, so when I leave, the apartment becomes destabilized AND he gets a kickback from the broker's fee) or legally subletting the apartment for a year (until the end of my lease) and getting my deposit back then.

What do you think of that idea? (I live in NYC)


Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name