Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

write write write

Posted by 718 on December 21, 2001 at 11:07:14:

In Reply to: Urgent!How to settle this dispute? posted by Peter on December 19, 2001 at 14:32:24:

you need to start by writing a clear letter to you landlord and cc'ing your building manager on it. Explain everything that happened and ask how you should pay your rent in thefuture. Usually, though, you shouldn't be waiting around for a bill to pay your rent. It is the same every month, just pay it.

It is absurd for you to be asked to pay attorney's fees based on what you are saying, though it sounds like you are now two months behind on the rent and you should pay the rent you do owe immediately . Send a check to the landlord with your letter.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name