Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Roach infected apartment

Posted by 718 on December 20, 2001 at 17:45:24:

In Reply to: Re: Roach infected apartment posted by Cranky Tenant on December 20, 2001 at 13:14:39:

My apartment was FOUL. I pulled up carpet and reveald a writhing floor. I almost vomited.

For three years until construction started upstairs I had no roaches at all. This isn't legal advice, but boric acid and baking soda are very good. Keep an eye on them and you will start to find their cracks. I just lay lines of baking soda in the kitchen and use boric acid (stronger but more toxic) in the bathroom. I resorted to goofy things like a little cokehead looking line across my counter that I just wipe up around, to keep them off. Ditto for inside shelves. Make a tiny soda dune. Eventually they will wonder off.

And check all your cracks. I found them in the fridge seal where it was pulling from the door. They were snug in there, but once I cleaned them out and they stayed gone. Also, lift the top of the stove off to reveal the pilots and sprinkle some baking soda down there.

and seal cracks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name