Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

you do have more options

Posted by 718 on December 19, 2001 at 16:22:50:

In Reply to: Anyone know a GREAT Civil Litagator- Contingency? posted by Dante on December 15, 2001 at 16:00:53:

Before you give up completely, you can also try calling the National Lawyers Guild. I know that in California they have a Lawyer Referral Service that would refer you to someone willing to take on the case, precisely because not a lot of lawyers are breaking down doors to get cases like this. Just because it isn't a huge case doesn't mean you can't get a lawyer. The guild can probably suggest other Lawyer Referral Services as well. The New York State Bar has a referral service:

Depending on how much money you think you lost, you can also take him to small claims court yourself, or contact the Brooklyn DA's office about what other options you might have, if you think he may have acted criminally in entering your apartment.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name