Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Are you NYC Stabilized? (NT)

Posted by MikeW on December 19, 2001 at 11:49:23:

In Reply to: Buyout Minutia posted by 718 on December 19, 2001 at 10:51:39:

:
: I am considering accepting a very low buyout offer from my landlord ($5,000) because he is so antagonistic and I don't have the energy to deal with him. And because right now I have a place to go and he is threatening to evict me to make room for his son if I don't just take the money. I am full of questions:

: 1) right now there is a vacant apartment in the building. My lease is good until August. He would have to start eviction proceedings in March (he says). If there is a vacancy now, can he push me out?

: 2) is there any way to stop him from pushing me out to make room for his son? If I move, he is probably going to use that tactic on someone else, what recourse will they have? What if his son never moves in? Can I sue him after I have been forced out (assuming I don't accept the buyout)?

: 3) What kind of process would I want for a buyout? I actually don't even know how to begin putting money in escrow. Is that what you do, put it in escrow? What would a standard contract say?

: 4) Is he going to spend more thank $5k for a lawyer if I fight him on the eviction?

: thank you.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name