Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: illegal apartments

Posted by chris on December 13, 2001 at 15:03:52:

In Reply to: illegal apartments posted by chris on December 12, 2001 at 21:14:26:

: My landlord for no reason had sent us a 30 day notice of termination. My rent is paid on time every month. I can not afford to move out right away and I am not worried about court However I do want to stick it to him for being such a ****. I have four children also. My apartment is a basement we do have heat and hot water and electric. We also have Satalite service that we pay him 50 dollars a month for today i turn the TV on and he had the service shut off. There have been times he came down here with out us being home and he has also shut the switch to the boiler so we could not use heat.Aside from the front door we do have windows that are small and they all have security bars with locks on them however i do not have the keys for a few of them. The floor is concrete so they put a space and put down ply wood over it and then a carpet. This past summer the wood gave in and the floor caved in. I redid the carpet and fixed the floor after he refused to and deducted the 50 dollars for the new wood from my rent. As far as anything else he never fixes anything. We have an outside light because we live down an alley and when we leave with the kids we leave the light on so when we come home at night they can see where they are going. He has shut that off on us before and my children have fell ang gotten hurt. Cuts and scrapes. I do not want to stay here but I cannot afford to move know espescially since my older 2 kids are in a catholic school and they take the bus right here on the corner. Top make a move on the middle of the year and revamp their whole schedule would be horrible. I want to know anything and every thing I can do. I need to know what exactly makes an apartment illegal and how I can stick it to him!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name