Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Kahan

Posted by snorkel on December 12, 2001 at 17:17:55:

In Reply to: Kahan posted by chelsea on December 12, 2001 at 16:57:30:

Yes, I've seen the article and it doesn't suprise me a bit. Actually, I was wondering if the info in that article is relevant in an overcharge case. Probably not, huh?

What is the Met Council and how would I contact them?
What is a J-51?
Should I be asking the DHCR for anything else besides a record of actions? I already have the rental history and registration. And I've also filed the overcharge with the DHCR.

Thanks for your help.
: I assume you've seen this article from (below)

: You might want to contact those tenants, if you haven't already.

: Sounds as if Met Council has been involved, so you should try them, if you haven't already.

: Was there a J-51 at your building? If so, if the building was regulated before the tax exemption, it remains rent regulated.

: You should go to DHCR and ask for a record of actions at the building, to see if there has ever been a finding of harassment.

: : Herman Kahan. Lower East Side.

: : : If the landlord was found to be harassing tenants at your building, it might be relevant. Maybe you should let us know the landlord's name, in case anyone on the board has dealt with him.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name