Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Signed a stipulation to move and changed your mind?

Posted by John on December 11, 2001 at 14:26:11:

In Reply to: lease buyout posted by rebus on December 11, 2001 at 12:35:55:

Before you post Please read the above notice:

To those asking questions: Experienced tenants and attorneys frequenting this message board may be willing to help with their knowledge. In asking questions, please provide the following: your city/location, if you are rent stabilized/controlled, coop/condo or under any form of regulation or subsidy, lease status, units in building and when it was built.

Now if all this can be reposted then we could help you.

But here's a bone... Did you agree to move and deliver the key for money? Then you have to move to receive the money (assuming the lawyer doesn't have the money in escrow). What is the condition if you don't move? Read your stipulation carefully.

If you promised to move after you received the money, then you can take the money and run. Why continue the drama.

If you want to fight claim the managing agent didn't deliver the money which was going to be used for moving expenses and a condiition of breaking your lease, and fight for your rights.

Give more info for better advice.

Good luck

: I live in a rent stablized apt. and have been here for almost 8 years. Last summer I had enough of the stink (cigarettes, spoiled food) coming up from a bar restaurant on the first floor (I'm on top/4th floor) and started to file complaints (improper ventilation, cracks in walls.) The building is adequately maintained, but has some problems (old windows, water damage from now fixed roof leak, sloping floors.)
:
: A few days after mentioning the problem to the rest. manager I got a notice of non renewal due (registered, from hired attourneys of the managing agent) for not using the apt. as primary residence. Their accustions were way off and I told them so.

: The complaints were going nowhere and I could not stand it. When the managing agent offered to buyout my lease with time to move out I felt it was a good idea. Now I see that it is not. There is a written agreement but I feel it was made under unfair conditions.

: Two questions: if I stick with the plan, how can I be sure of collecting the money? And is there anyway of keeping my apartment, and having the problems taken care of so that I can stand the place?

: Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name