Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: This service applies only if you don't plan to withhold rent.

Posted by Cranky Tenant on December 10, 2001 at 14:41:22:

In Reply to: This service applies only if you don't plan to withhold rent. posted by John on December 10, 2001 at 11:47:37:

: There is alot of reasons for going with direct deposit, but paying rent is not one of them (In my opinion). Some banks have serivces that mail or tranfer funds to pay bills. Try one of their features.
: For example the bank I have provides online banking and for a fee (depending on the account) sends payment on a scheduled plan. In either case you have more control over your money just in case the landlord doesn't provide services and timely repairs.

: But by all means look in to all options that best suits you.

I also use online banking but without automatic payments. Quicken reminds me when the payment is due and I just OK the payment when I'm ready. There's no extra charge and the LL doesn't have to enroll. I receive a check image with my statement at the end of the month and. It's actually cheaper than sending it snail mail.

Of course it also has the option of making Automatic Payments. I've just chosed not to use that feature.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name