Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: noisy neighbors

Posted by kb on December 09, 2001 at 12:17:00:

In Reply to: Re: noisy neighbors posted by ChrisG on December 08, 2001 at 19:52:49:

thank you Chris for the info and the link. I think the guy would have to be hard of hearing to not realize the music is getting over to my place but yes, I have tried talking to the tenant. It's difficult to do that when I have no access to his building. And usually, and according to advice I've gotten on this very board, landlords are extremely reluctant to get involved in these kinds of disputes. There are actually Community Affairs departments at every local precinct who are dedicated to dealing with these very issues. A lot of people are not aware. The cops aren't sent there to make an arrest or anything, the idea is that they can actually mediate a discussion between disputing parties.

I post on this board with the hope that people, like yourself, with info will share. Trust me, I don't share my problems so that people like Richard can target-practice. But I won't be posting again after this, it's not worth the abuse.
thanks again.

: um, have you tried talking to the tenant? maybe he doesn't realize his music is getting over to your place. you don't mention anything other than calling the cops, which seems to be a step much further down the list, past talking to the tenant, asking your LL for help in the matter, and contacting the tenant's LL. for the latter, you might try the USPDR site, it has info about owners of propeties (although it isn't always up to date). i assume you are in NYC.

: but it seems that if you feel that 99% of the advice on this board is useless, then posting your questions here is simply to rile people up, like richard.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name