Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Yikes, question

Posted by JJ on December 08, 2001 at 23:15:36:

In Reply to: Yikes, wrong advice from Tenant.Net!! posted by nyhawk on December 07, 2001 at 06:07:58:

Or, if ya wanna get sophisticated, you can start a rent overcharge in Civil or Supreme and THEN stop paying rent. The landlord will bring a non-pay in Housing Court and try and combine the two cases, but appellate authority bars a court from ordering any rent deposit during a case started in Civil or Supreme if the allegation of rent overcharge is, the landlord, stuck in two lawsuits and not getting any rent, will have a strong incentive to settle quickly with the tenant.

post case please: "overcharge stops RPAPL745 deposit?"

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name