Posted by Out of there on December 08, 2001 at 21:05:29:
In a nutshell:
1. I was a tenant as of midnight, Dec 7th.
2. At 5:30 PM Dec 7th, I came to remove the last of my possessions. I found some of them were missing.
3. Neighbor said she heard people upstairs that morning who sounded like they were repairing (they made no effort to be quiet).
4. Ex-LL didn't call me beforehand - phone was disconnected, but the recording clearly stated my forwarding #.
5. No signs of forced entry
6. Police came and deemed incident larceny.
As I see it, I had until midnight to remove my things. Just because I had spent the night elsewhere, doesn't mean the LL is allowed to send his goons in to steal my guitar and camera. I do have renter's insurance, and I'm not particularly worried about the value of the missing items (I'm just grateful that I didn't leave my laptop). Still, on top of everything else I had to deal with, the incident kind of put me over the edge. Do I have any legal recouse?
Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup