Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: noisy neighbors

Posted by kaybear on December 08, 2001 at 12:29:10:

In Reply to: Re: noisy neighbors posted by DiscoStu on December 07, 2001 at 21:30:01:

You know, the "if-you-don't-like-it-then-move" chorus is getting tired. Yes, Stu this board is meant to help people so, come on. Let me assure you I've lived in this city for 10 years, I've lived in other cities before that. I've lived in all kinds of conditions and situations from great to awful and everything in between. I'm perfectly aware of what's reasonable and what is not. Letting your kids play ball in doors when you have downstairs neighbors is not reasonable. It violates your lease. A Chinese resturant whose kitchen exhaust is unfiltered and faces three residential building windows in not reasonable. It violates civil code and E.P.A emission regulations. Pretending that your apartment is a nightclub and blasting music for 12 hours a day, every single day is not reasonable. It violates your lease and civil code and DEP noise code.
I know I have a right to peaceful enjoyment of my residence. You know how I know that? It says so right in my lease.
Now maybe you don't know so much about city living. Because if you did, you wouldn't be so glib about throwing out your 'advice.' If I had time, energy, money to move, my dear, I would have done so long ago. The fact is that I happen to LIKE my apartment and don't feel that I should be bullied out by inconsiderate, or simply ignorant knuckleheads who don't know better than to just turn the bass levels down on their stereo.
And if I had any inclination to live in Long Island, sweetheart, I'd just move to Atlanta, alright. I have a right to live where I choose to live.
If you have advice to give then give it. I see a lot of b.s. posts on this board all the time. When I have something helpful to offer, I give it. If I don't, I skim past. Simple as that. But what I keep noticing about this board is that 99% of the people here are nothing but blowhard, know-nothings with some neurotic need to 'put people in their places' in as rude a manner as possible. I realize the anonymity of the web supposedly frees you up to behave in all sorts of antisocial outbursts but the cattiness, the pettiness, the false answers and misinformation here has finally gotten to me. I suppose if I'd wanted some honest advice, I should have just used a different name, huh? Thank you all for nothing.

: You gotta be kidding me Kaybear. Look people I'm not trying to be mean and I'm not Richard or Don or whoever, but this is this women’s third post. First she was complaining about a Chinese restaurant and the smell, then your neighbors kids were to loud. Look if you don't like your situation then move. You obviously don't understand city life. You can not have everything YOUR way. Move to a private house in Long Island or whatever. It's probably cheaper, so don't say you can't afford it. Again I know this board is meant to help people, but come on.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name