Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Legal Request?

Posted by Philip Clark on December 08, 2001 at 09:45:24:

Recently, my landlord (he owns the unit I rent from him, it's a co-op building) claimed that due to a billing error, he was paying the incorrect mortgage amout, and that I will now have to pay a portion of this amount as a rent increase, retroactively. Is this legal? Where in my lease should I refer to this as "added rent"? He has not increased my rent in three years, and we signed a new lease in July of last year, good until August of 2002. Any suggestions would help. Can I request that such an amount be added in the lease signing for 2002? Am I responsible for any of this billing error?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name