Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

garage and driveway

Posted by MK on December 07, 2001 at 12:17:10:

We have a new tenant that moved into the upstairs apartment (we rent a two family home). From when we moved in, we were told that the two car garage was 1/2 ours and 1/2 the apartments. We were also told that the garage for the apartment was for storage and that the tenants (of the apartment) parked on the street - there is plenty of parking space. Now the new tenant is parking in the garage and has told us that we cannot park in the driveway (the tenant was very pushy about this too). I told the tenant that the garage was for storage and in response was told that I was wrong. I called the landlord and was told that the tenant can park in the garage. I also re-confirmed the parking situation with the old tenants of the apartment, and they said that the garage was only for storage. We pay too much for this place as it is and I know we pay $900 more a month than the new tenant. According to our lease we take care of the grounds and that includes snow shoveling.
Is there something that I can do? Should I take legal action?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name