Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: After marshal's eviction from apt., can I get it back?

Posted by me on December 04, 2001 at 18:27:51:

In Reply to: After marshal's eviction from apt., can I get it back? posted by Sonia on December 01, 2001 at 16:20:44:

I would tend to agree with Lilly that there is a chance--albeit remote--that you may be able to get the apt. back. But I wouldn't bet on it.
If the eviction was illegal (for example, "sewer service") you may be able to press the point with a lawyer. But it sounds to me as if you got properly evicted for nonpayment. If that happened, and there were no legal defects, you're out of luck.

: The marshal has evicted me from my apatment on Friday for nonpayment of rent. Today is Saturday. What is my legal defence and procedure for getting it back? I can now pay total arrears plus the current month's rent. The apartment is in New York, NY; rent stabilized; written lease which is up for renewal in Feb. '02; 225+ units in coop building; built in the late 1920s. If I give the landlord this money, can he still deny me use of this apartment? Thanks in advance for any help.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name